The Al-Kayed Palace Guesthouse
The Al-Kayed Palace Guesthouse is an Ottoman-era palace in the West Bank village of Sebastia, built for the Al-Kayed family in around 1855.
The ground floor of the building was renovated by the Palestinian cultural NGO Riwaq in 2007 for the benefit of the Union of Women’s Committees for Social Work in Palestine, a women’s association which works in Sebastia. They use it for community and cultural activities such as crafts, soap-making, cooking, homework clubs and health projects. Other community groups in the village also use the space for events and meetings.
In 2011, Riwaq also renovated the upper floors of the building for the Women’s Committee Club of Sebastia to develop as a guesthouse in 2013 and is run on a day-by-day basis by Abu Yasser and his wife. Members of the women’s group also work in the guesthouse, and goods such as soap, embroidery and jam made by local women are also sold there.
Tel : Abu Yasser 0599473646 email [email protected]